During a Crosby training seminar, tests are given to allow the participant to gauge his or her current knowledge on rigging application and standards. The following test provides you the type of information you can expect to cover when you attend one of Crosby’s training seminars.
0 of 20 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 20 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
Congratulations! You received a perfect score.
1. Which ASME standard addresses slings?CorrectIncorrect
2. The new ASME B30.26 Rigging Hardware standard addresses which of the following products?CorrectIncorrect
3. Which of the following rigging blocks are also included in the new ASME B30.26 standard?CorrectIncorrect
4. The new ASME B30.26, and the revised B30.9 standard requires that the user be trained on the proper selection, inspection, cautions to personnel, effects of environment, and rigging practices.CorrectIncorrect
5. The new ASME B30.26 standard requires that the identification on the hardware be a minimum of the:CorrectIncorrect
6. The new ASME B30.26 standard addresses:CorrectIncorrect
7. Which of the following Crosby shackles can be used for overhead lifting applications, when following WLL and other stated limitations?CorrectIncorrect
8. Wire rope and synthetic slings addressed in the B30.9 ASME standard require:CorrectIncorrect
9. How tight do you tighten a screw pin shackle?CorrectIncorrect
10. As a general industry practice, a four-legged wire rope or synthetic bridle assembly is usually tagged with the capacity based on:CorrectIncorrect
11. Four-legged chain sling bridle assemblies generally have a capacity on their tag based on:CorrectIncorrect
12. In rigging triangle applications, the maximum included angle at the top, if a shackle is used would be:CorrectIncorrect
13. In rigging triangle applications, the maximum included angle at the top, if a hook is used would be:CorrectIncorrect
14. In rigging triangle applications, the sum total of tension in the slings equals the loading seen at the top connection.CorrectIncorrect
15. In sheave applications, the D/d ratio is generally measured by:CorrectIncorrect
16. The maximum diameter/width of a fitting in the eye of a wire rope sling (Per ASME B30.9):CorrectIncorrect
17. An S-209 Crosby shackle with a marking on the shackle of 1 inch will have which of the following?CorrectIncorrect
18. The minimum D/d ratio for snatch blocks per ASME B30.26 is:CorrectIncorrect
19. In order to use eye bolts at the load in a two legged rigging triangle application, which of the following would be a true statement?CorrectIncorrect
20. When using a two legged bridle assembly, which statement is the best? (Assuming horizontal sling angle is 30 degrees and the load weighs 2 tons with COG equal distance from pick points.)CorrectIncorrect