The CNC Applications Engineer reports to the Engineering Manager and will provide technical leadership for the machining of various forged & cast and machine from stock components. This includes leadership responsibility for CNC programming, machining processes and strategy, equipment maintenance/troubleshooting, machining quality, and new technology insertion.
Specific Responsibilities include:
· Creating CNC Programs and maintaining the CNC program database.
· Collaborates with Operations, Maintenance and Machine OEMs to provide in-depth technical support for machining centers;
· Develops efficiencies within existing processes and drives the use of industry best practices.
· Maintains up-to-date knowledge of relevant engineering discipline(s), industry best practices, business trends, and application of new technology.
· Ensures concepts, development and machining processes support customer requirements and standards;
· Supports the design and evaluation of machine-related tooling and fixturing;
· Leads capital acquisition projects that support the advancement of machining capability and capacity;
· Creates and provides training to Leads and Machine Operators;
· Supports development of CNC programs and troubleshoots issues on machining centers.